March 2020 Pikoo Project Update - pdf download

 

Latest News

North Arrow’s diamond exploration programs are conducted under the direction of President and CEO, Ken Armstrong, P.Geo., a Qualified Person under NI 43-101. Mr. Armstrong has reviewed and approved all information posted on this page that is of a scientific or technical nature.

Summary

Location: east central Saskatchewan; 140 km east of La Ronge, 10 km north of Deschambault Lake, 30 km west of Pelican Narrows.  DigiGeoData Map on the Flin Flon - La Ronge Area
Size: 41,893 ha
Ownership: 100% North Arrow
Stage: drilling and target generation; ten discrete kimberlite occurrences drilled to date, five of which have proven to be diamondiferous.
Closest Infrastructure: power and roads within 6 km of the property’s southern boundary (SK Hwy 911) at Deschambault Lake.


Highlights


Overview

The Pikoo claims were originally staked in February and March 2011 on the basis of regional kimberlite indicator mineral ("KIM") sampling in the Sask craton of north-central Saskatchewan. The regional sample results suggested the potential for multiple kimberlites or kimberlite clusters within a 15km by 20km source area covered by the claims. 

Tighter spaced follow-up till sampling in areas that showed the most indicator grains from regional work brought the focus to two distinct source areas, the North Pikoo train and the South Pikoo train. Both of these areas were drill-tested in July of 2013 by North Arrow as part of a 2000 meter program that earned the company an 80% interest from Stornoway and resulted in the discovery of a new diamondiferous kimberlite field for Canada. The remaining 20% was later acquired from Stornoway and announced in February 2017. 

On April 4, 2016 at the conclusion of the spring 2016 drilling program, North Arrow announced nine to possibly eleven, discrete kimberlite occurrences have been identified on the property.  Five of the kimberlites have been tested and proven to be diamondiferous.   

Kimberlite PK150 still remains the most significant discovery to date measuring 10-15 m wide, 150 m in strike length, and traceable to 199 m (remains open past that). 

Diamond results for the kimberlite bodies tested thus far are available below: 

Kimberlite Sample
Weight
Dry Kg
Number of Diamonds per Sieve Size (mm Square Mesh Sieve)  
+0.106
-0.150
+0.150
-0.212
+0.212
-0.300
+0.300
-0.425
+0.425
-0.600
+0.600
-0.850
+0.850
-1.18
+1.18
-1.70
+1.70
-2.36
Total
Stones
Total
Carats
+0.85mm
PK1501 321.4 197 131 69 47 23 11 7 1 1 487 0.185
PK150 Total2 582.05 618 348 150 82 45 32 29 2 2 1308 0.488
PK314 476.0 13 3 4 3 0 0 0 0 0 23 N/A
PK311 4.74 1 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 2 N/A
PK3121 14.5 4 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 5 N/A
 
PK3463 157.3 17 4 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 22 N/A
  1. 2015 drilling; previously reported September 8, 2015.
  2. Compiled caustic fusion analyses from 2013, 2015 and 2016 as reported September 8, 2015, November 5, 2013 and May 31, 2016.
  3. Partial results only; more material pending.

The last summer exploration work was limited to ten days of till sampling resulting in the collection of 102 samples taken in 2016 and four days of sampling resulting in the collection of forty two till samples in 2017 in the northern and southern part of the property to better define the North Pikoo, South Pikoo and Bear Lake KIM trains in an effort to identify additional drill targets prior to renewed exploration drilling on the property. Additional staking was conducted in the fall of 2018 and announced November 19 2018 expanding the land position to 41,893 ha.  North Arrow did not conduct any fieldwork at Pikoo in 2018 or 2019.   Plans for a till sampling program to be conducted in 2020 leading up to a follow-up drill program have been put on hold until the COVID19 virus is more under control and the impacted communities of Deschambault Lake and Pelican Narrows feel comfortable with exploration companies returning to the area without putting them at undue risk. 

Visit us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook Visit us on LinkedIn Visit us on Instagram Visit us on Twitter Visit us on Facebook Visit us on LinkedIn Visit us on Instagram